Full Price: $108
How to Build a Home Practice: Tools from the Ashtanga Yoga Lineage
In this 4-hour intensive you will dig into the fundamentals of Ashtanga Yoga, from which the familiar vinyasa/flow practices developed. We’ll explore the traditional methods and ideas through a modern-day “best practices” lens, and students will leave with knowledge and tools to strengthen their studio and home practices. The session will introduce the breath-movement connection known as vinyasa, and we’ll show you a sustainable approach to surya namaskara and other postures. Then, we’ll cover three pillars of practice, which are the breath (ujjayi), core connection (bandhas), and looking gaze (dristi). Learn why these three focal points are at least as important as the postures themselves.
What You Will Learn
- Background and a brief history of the Ashtanga Yoga lineage, its founding teachers, and spread of popularity from East to West
- Lecture and practice on the tristana method, which is the heart of the practice
- Deconstruction of the physical practice and why exploration and curiosity are important in understanding the “why” behind the practice
- Why learning in the self-guided group setting, known as the Mysore method, is important to building a home practice
- Discover how hands-on assists from an experienced teacher can be beneficial
The course is a 1-day intensive, consisting of 4 hours. Teachers will receive 4 CEUs.
- Sunday, February 25, 2024
Body Electric Yoga
3015 7th St. North
St. Petersburg, FL 33704
$108 (5 CEU)
How to book
Follow the link below to book on The Body Electric Yoga Company website. Search under ‘Workshops’ for the date and title above. To read more about how intensives work and the benefits of taking one, read the Yoga Intensives page.